The South Jersey Workforce Access Project
SEEKING WORK: Barriers to Participation in the Region’s Labor Force
Cross-sector partnership. Data-driven results. Strategies for long-term success.
In South Jersey, a region challenged by high unemployment and low labor participation rates, the full impact of a declining labor force remains unclear. There are significant economic implications for both residents and companies long-term and the lack of comprehensive data and information only stymies progress in the near-term. Key questions include:
- For individuals seeking work, what are the barriers to finding and securing a job?
- For employers struggling to fill open positions, how can they connect with these potential workers?
In response, WRI seeks to conduct an intensive analysis and strategic plan for workforce development across South Jersey providing:
- A rich understanding of the complex challenges individuals face when entering (or re-entering) the workforce.
- A detailed report of the barriers to successful employment that both employers and employees face.
- The basis for long-term strategic planning for future employment needs and labor challenges.
The project is slated to launch in Spring 2020.